What is "Family" at FBC?
At FBC there are Visitors, Regular Attenders, and Family. Regular Attenders and Family comprise the Fellowship. All are welcome. "Family" are those who have made a personal commitment to FBC as their "home church" by completing three required steps:
- Attend the "Introduction to FBC" class, which is offered several times each year.
- Share your personal testimony with one of the couples who are designated to hear it.
- Sign a copy of the Covenant of Fellowship.
Our Covenant of Fellowship
(How we agree to Relate to One Another)
Having been born again by the grace of God through Jesus Christ, and being justified through His shed blood, and having confessed before men faith in him as Lord and Savior, we do now most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ. As God gives grace and power, we purpose:
- To walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness and service; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
- To promote the knowledge of God and His Word in our families; and seek their salvation.
- To put away bitterness, wrath, anger, quarreling and slander, and to be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God, for Christ’s sake, has forgiven us.
- To watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; and to aid each other in sickness and distress.
- And, should we remove from this place, to unite with another church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
Download a copy of our Covenant of Fellowship.